Well, seems I got the hardware part done, partly a neat PCB, partly on my breadboard.

The breadboard part of the Apple ][ SPI interface

The breadboard part of the Apple ][ SPI interface

Now I only have to get the code working. I did rewrite the SD/SPI driver part for my ROM, based on the source by André Fachat, did some tinkering with the 65SPI/B (now in an Altera MAX7000 CPLD). I wrote some (ugly) code to test the functions of the CPLD and can read a block.

The next step is to rewrite the code to be more structured (partly done) and make it a real driver which can reside in the EEPROM _AND_ now comes the ‘fun’ part:

It seems I suck at assembly! Somehow I cannot get my mind correctly set to write the needed routines to support booting ProDOS….

Seems I have to dig some more (And as Henry says, drink ][ beers)